Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Day I Won't Forget...

Wow what a day today has been. The Kinko family woke me up about 5 am. A far cry from my regular time of getting up.I then got ready and was treated to some fine orange juice that Mrs.Kinko had made. I had never had a better glass of orange juice. Hmmm, I wonder whatever happened to that orange juice called Tang. You know the one with the monkeys on the can and then on the commercials they would drive trucks? I guess I'll save that for another post later. Well the Kinkos had promised we would venture across the land a little more. So I began to suit up and up on the heavy clothes which I packed. Not long after that, Mr. Kinko whistle for his fleat of huskies and soon he lead them off as I followed in snow mobile. I was a little hesitant at first but the snow mobile wasn't really that hard to handle. We went a couple of miles away from their igloo and headed east about 16 miles. We stopped at some kind of ocean, I have failed to remember the name. But it was probably one I'll want to forget. I stepped to the edge of corner leading out to the lake and then suddenly a peace was drifting away from the ledge. I found myself then out in the middle of the ocean. Mr. Kinko said he had never seen anything like that before but said it could happen. He then took a walkie talkie he had put his pocket and began to to call the rescue center at a village nearby. About 20 minutes later, helicopter flew over the block of ice that I was standing on. It then let down a net that I quickly grasped onto. I was whisked away to the village. I was colder than I don't know what. And now I am using a computer in the center to put into words everything I've done. They want me to stay here a little longer so I can get a little warmer and then hopefully I get back to the Kinkos and get my stuff. I hope to atleast get back in time for tonight's American Idol!

1 comment:

  1. Dude, your story, even though it is pretty silly is still pretty compelling. I find myself waiting on the next chapter of you and the Kinko's. Don't know how you just came up with this out of the blue, but I'm likin it.

    ReplyDelete