Thursday, May 28, 2009

Running, Flying, and Walking!

Hello! Hello! I am so confused on the time and date right now I can’t think straight. I am still in Tokyo, Japan and what a week it has been. As I stated in the last blog entry, I got here…well…that is a good question. It was Tuesday I believe. I had a pretty nice trip in New Jersey last week. I spent three days just relaxing and looking around town. Though it wasn’t so nice when the manager of that first hotel I started to stay at spotted in me a crowd. I began running as fast as I could. I picked up some hard bread that had been thrown away in a garbage can nearby and hurled it at him. It slowed him down a few minutes and he quickly got back on his feet. I then spotted a ladder in which a painter was using while painting an apartment close by. I went up the ladder and it just so happened someone had their window open so I tumbled into their room. Luckily nobody was home so I quickly ran to their closet and spotted a long rain coat and a hat that looked like something Paddington the bear would wear. I put them both on and left the apartment room. I then went out into a quiet hall and hopped down the stairs. As I went outside there was some kind of taxi car waiting by the side walk. I jumped in while I noticed the Mexican manager crawling up the ladder which I had crept up on. I then told the driver to take me to the hotel I was staying at. Without hesitation, he did just that. Evening quickly came upon me as I began packing up my belongings and getting ready for the airplane trip for the next day (Monday). That night was one of those nights where you’re too tired you just can’t sleep. Have you ever had one of those?! One of those where you seem to hear every little sound. Like a drip from a faucet, someone walking up and down the stairs, a pet goat out in the hallway. I did finally get to sleep though, It seemed as though the ringing of the alarm clock came fast. I then knew it was time to get to the airport. A taxi driver waited for me outside. His named was “Chipper”. I guess they called him that because he had endless empty bags of chips ahoy over the front seat and then a tray with some fresh ones half way out of the bag. He asked me how I liked the city and I told him about the Kinkos and the other travels I had been on. I then asked about him if liked driving. He replied while crunching on a cookie saying it was a fun job because you get to meet all kinds of people. We then arrived at the air port and as we shook hands I was left with small cookie crumbs on my palm. I then took out my passport and other papers I had game them to the lady that meets you at the terminal. She then said it was ok to board the plane and I walked along and came saw the number to my seat. There already sitting in the seat next to mine whom resembled Garth of off Wayne’s World. I am telling you, it looked just like him. He had some drum sticks in his hand which he would bang onto his knee and then he’d take them and do a sort of spin in his hand. It seemed that he had some sort of concert going on in his head. I took out a pillow I had and some earphones and turned on my mp3 player and listened to some tunes. I guess I fell asleep and I must have been out for awhile because when I looked out the window, it was dark out! The Garth looked alike had his head against the window sleeping while he mumbled what sounded like a song by the band “Journey”. I then pressed my head against the window and replayed the songs on my mp3 played and drifted off to sleep. Later I was woken up by some loud screaming. It was the Garth look alike yelling some song. I then noticed that it was daylight out and the pilot said soon we would be landing. The Garth look alike then asked me to play air guitar while he did some kind of something with his drum sticks. We then jammed a little and had people on the airplane clapping with us. Soon the plane landed and we were out the airport. While we were moving down aisle of the plane, Garth took his drum sticks and banged them on top of the seats. He then ran out to a girl holding the name “Ralph” on a sign and he ran to her and gave her a hug. I then spotted a family with the sign “The Wang Chungs” written on it. I then proceeded to go forth to the family and introduce myself. They were a very nice family and friendly. Oh I’ve got to go real quick! Mrs. Wang Chung has breakfast ready! I’ll be back with another a post a little later!

No comments:

Post a Comment