Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Much Better Day…

Today was a much better day. The night at the rescue center wasn’t too bad. I was pretty tired so I quickly went to sleep. I was waken up occasionally as I heard someone walking back and forth down the hallway with what seemed to be a peg legged attached to their lower body. Well anyways, as I woke up, I was kind of stiff from the way I was positioned while I was asleep. I was glad to see that Mr. Kinko was waiting for me in the waiting room. As I stepped out into the entrance, I could see his huskies attached to his sled and a vacant sled set up for me. I got onto the sled but I was nervous because I really wasn’t use to the dogs. But they kept me at ease as they started to pull away. We got back to the Kinko’s igloo, quickly, as it seemed. Mrs. Kinko had some breakfast ready for us which were some kind of hash brown. They were outstanding. No the hash browns weren’t out standing somewhere; they were outstanding as in describing them. Mr. Kinko then asked me if I would feel like going to the mountains today. I was thrilled that we would be able to. Soon we packed up some needed materials in our backpacks and we were on our way. Santana, their penguin, went along with us for some reason. Maybe it would be my chance to get rid of the little punk. After awhile we were finally there at the Torngat Mountains. It was an amazing sight. I was surprised to not see a single tree. But Mr. Kinko then told me that the mountains are north of the Arctic tree line. The Atlantic Ocean was an amazing sight to see as our eyes gazed over it. We were standing on a rock and below we could we a huddle of polar bears gathered together sleeping. We were able to creep by without being noticed. I was surprised that Santana was a quiet as he was. He really isn’t a bad little penguin. We then continued to look over the mountain and explored what there was to explore. Well now I am just sitting here trying to relax a little. It’s been a pretty amazing week so far. I’ll know I’ll watch American Idol tonight and see who is American’s next idol and then I’ll probably turn in early. I think I’ll be heading to my next destination tomorrow afternoon. I have enjoyed getting to know the Kinkos, they are a very nice family. Well til my next posting, I hope all is good with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment